I found this devotion online and tweaked it a bit and used it for our Ladies Meeting in October. Hannah carved the pumpkin while I talked. It's kind of a neat way to look at being a Christian.
Being a Christian is Like Being a Pumpkin
A woman was asked by a co-worker,
"What is it like to be a Christian?"
The co-worker replied,
"It is like being a pumpkin.God picks you from the patch,brings you in, and washes all the dirt off of you.
Then he cuts off the top and scoops out all the yucky stuff.
He removes the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc.,and then He carves you a new smiling faceand puts His light inside of you to shine for all the world to see." The woman had never looked at it like this before.
Ask yourself a few questions:
1. Have I made a decision to follow Christ? If you answered “yes”, name the certain day, time or place that you asked Jesus into your heart:
2. What has changed since I asked Jesus to be my Savior? (Ex.: My language got better; I want to witness)
3. What evidence is there in my life that would make other people think I’m a Christian?
4. What issues do I keep struggling with?
5. How faithful am I to daily Bible Reading and prayer?
6. How can I improve my walk with Christ?
Matthew 5:14 “Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.”
Matthew 5:16 “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”
Ephesians 5:8 “For ye were sometimes darkness, but now [are ye] light in the Lord:
walk as children of light:”
“This little light of mine, I’m gonna let it shine!"