Friday, March 11, 2011

Chicken Catalina



My hubby calls this "Cadillac Chicken". LOL! It's a really easy recipe, but sooooo good! I always get compliments on it, when I make it.

1 chicken cut-up or your favorite pieces (I usually use breasts and some thighs)
1 packet Onion Soup Mix
1 16 oz. bottle Catalina Dressing
1 16 oz. Jar Apricot Preserves (or whatever flavor you prefer)

Mix the last three ingredients in a bowl, and place chicken in a 9x13 pan. Cover the chicken with the sauce. Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 1 hour. Serve with either potatoes or rice and a salad or other side dish. It's a pretty dish, with the sweet/salty flavors. Serves: 4-6. I double it for Sunday dinners with our extended family. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Gwen...my mil used to make this with russian dressing and called it russian chicken -- yum!!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail, that sounds really good, too! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! It will be posted once it has been approved.