Tuesday, March 15, 2011

God's Conversation Hearts

I used this one at Valentine’s Day and we made some gift bags with the conversation hearts in them, and a tag with the references below.


“…blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.” Luke 11:28


While chocolate is my favorite candy-anything chocolate, I’ve still always liked the little conversation hearts at Valentine’s. The New England Confections Company (NECCO) says that their little hearts are the most popular of all Valentine’s candy. They were first created in 1866 and were originally called “motto hearts”. Each year Necco adds 10 new sayings to their hearts production.


Did you know God sends us conversation hearts too? We have to look in His word to find them, but they’re there and they’re new each day! Here are a few of my favorites…


BE MINE-God wants us to accept His love.-”For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him, should not perish but have everlasting life.” John 3:16


UR MINE-God loves us and will keep us.-”My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.” John 10:27-28


LUV ME-God wants us to love Him.-”Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thy self.” Luke 10:27


AWESOME-You’re God’s creation and He thinks you’re awesome!-”Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee.’ Jeremiah 1:5


E-MAIL ME-God loves us so much He wants to communicate daily with us.-”Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” Jeremiah 33:3


CONCLUSION: There are many more of God’s conversation hearts-we just have to look for them. Have you missed any lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! It will be posted once it has been approved.