Monday, March 28, 2011

So excited!!!

I just got my new BIG cast-iron skillet in today AND my new stovetop grill/griddle combo! I feel stupid though, because when I ordered the skillet, I guess I didn't realize just how big it would be! I ordered the 15" one and it's big enough for me to feed an army! LOL! Had to crack up over that one. I may have to get the smaller one for daily cooking. But, I love the idea of having it for Sunday dinners when we have family over. No more using two skillets to fry something. And, I can't wait to try the combo. That just sounds too cool.

On a different note, it's snowing here, and it's supposed to be spring, but it IS Nebraska. As I was outside today taking the trash out, I thought about the pioneer women and what they endured during the snow and in general for that matter. I love that time period, and books like the Little House series, the Love Comes Softly series, etc. but I am glad I wasn't brought up during that time period. Makes me feel bad though, for days when I complain about having to cook a meal, when I'd rather have take-out, or complain about doing laundry, or other mundane tasks. Just think, we complain about having to do those things now, when we have so many modern conveniences. Imagine us, having to do those tasks like they did back then. Just another reminder from the Lord to thank Him for laundry to do, food to cook, and so much more.

2 comments:

  1. Gwen -- enjoy your new cast iron pieces. They certainly are my very favorites :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gail! I will! I will definitely be visiting your blog for more cast iron cooking recipes! God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! It will be posted once it has been approved.