Sunday, April 17, 2011

Gooey Butter Cake

This is a fantastic recipe! It was given to me by a family member (My husband's father's wife, as he puts it. She's gone now but we got to be pretty close. She shared a few of her recipes with me.) Mine came out looking kinda funky, with the sides brown but rolled over on top of the cake. I dunno. But it was really good! My hubby suggested I top it with cherries or strawberries next time. I should have taken a photo of it when it was first baked. I can't now, it's gone. lol!

Gooey Butter Cake

1 Yellow Cake Mix
2 eggs
1 stick melted butter or margarine (=1/2 cup)

Mix above ingredients and spread into buttered 9x13" cake pan. Note: This mixture will be very gooey, and will not pour out. You have to use a mixer and you have to spoon it out. Then mix:

3 1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 eggs
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
1 Tsp. vanilla

Pour over first mixture. Bake at 350 degrees till golden brown. Approx. 35-40 minutes.

As I said, mine turned out looking kinda weird but it tasted really good! LOL! Enjoy! I'll try to post a pic of mine when I make some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! It will be posted once it has been approved.