Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter Everyone!!

I know I'm a day early, but I probably won't be on the computer much tomorrow so wanted to wish everyone a Happy Easter! I've been tempted to hunt down some pictures of our kids when they were growing up and doing Easter Egg hunts to post. I still might if I have time. That is one aspect of Easter that I miss, seeing the kids' faces when they got their baskets, and seeing them running around trying to find the Easter goodies we hid. We did however, made sure our kids knew the Real Reason behind Easter; Jesus dying on the Cross for our sins and on the 3rd day being resurrected! I truly hope that if you are reading this and you don't know Jesus as your personal Savior, that you'll read the page I have titled "Free Gift". You can know Jesus as your personal Savior but you must ask him into your heart. Please read that post and it'll explain it alot better. 

On the flip side of all this, if you have little ones, do enjoy the hunts, the candy, the new clothes, etc. because let me tell you, they grow up WAY too fast. I am looking forward to the day when we can celebrate with grandkids and do it all over again. :) Until then, I'm just thankful for my family, and for the times we had to do the hunts and such with them. I'm thankful that God has helped us with raising them and that even though we all have our own faults and have done things we're not proud of, I know that our kids do want to serve Him and they're trying in their own ways to do so. What more can I ask than that? 

Easter has been kind of a sad time for us, for the last 3 years too, because my husband's mom went to be with the Savior ON Easter Sunday (2008), right around 6:00 pm. I'm sure even though we'll enjoy each other, we'll all be thinking of her tomorrow. We lost his father's wife (his step-mom) too, the week of Easter a year later. So, Easter has been kinda hard for us. But we know we'll see them again one day, because they did accept Jesus as their Savior. and that is so comforting to know! :) It really helps us get through that time.  

So, speaking of Easter, what's gonna be on your table tomorrow? We have family and some friends from church coming over, so we're excited. It should be fun. We'll have Ham, that my sis-in-law is making, and mashed potatoes, a corn dish that my friend Dawn gave me the recipe for, and salads, and a couple desserts-one will be The Neely's Strawberry Shortcut Cake. We enjoyed it so much last week, I was asked to make it for Easter so I will! :) I'll also be making Sarah's Lazy Day Cobbler. What are you making? Do you have some traditions that you'll hold to?   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! It will be posted once it has been approved.