Friday, April 29, 2011

Italian Beef Sandwiches

3 - 4lb roast
1/2 cup water
1 T. Butter
1 - clove garlic, minced
1/2 1 t. fresh rosemary, chopped
1/2 - 1 tsp dried oregano
1 - green pepper, sliced
1 - onion, sliced
1 - 10.5 oz can beef broth
12 sandwich buns or hoagie buns
sliced provolone cheese


Rinse roast and pat dry with a paper towel. Place beef in slow cooker, add water, butter and garlic. Cover and cook overnight on low for 8 hours. Stir in rosemary, oregano, green pepper, onion and broth; continue to cook on low for 8 more hours. When ready to serve, shred and serve over warm buns with provolone cheese. Melt just a bit and serve.

I got this recipe from Mommy's Kitchen. Tina said she got it from Gooseberry Patch's Christmas Pantry Cookbook. It's wonderful!! We had these last night and the only things I did differently were: I added the broth immediately after putting the roast in the pot. That way it could absorb all that flavor the whole time it cooked. And, I started mine early in the morning so we could have it at suppertime. The next time I serve this, I want to get some little condiment cups and serve the juice on the side, and make kind of a "French Dip" sandwich out of it. Very good, and soooo easy!! 

2 comments:

  1. Yummy!! The spices and additions sound amazing.

    I left you an award at my blog. Make sure you check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Angie! Thanks for the award! I really appreciate it!! My very first! :) I will pick it up just as soon as I can! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! It will be posted once it has been approved.