Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Spring Cleaning and a poem

Wow, we've had some absolutely beautiful weather this week! I'm so happy to see the higher temps and the sun again! LOL! With all my spring cleaning, and going over recipes from family members that have passed on and that I miss so much, I glanced at a little, wooden kitchen sign that I got when Brian's Grandma Eva passed away a couple of years ago. She had it in her kitchen for years and now I have it in mine. Although it's pretty worn and hard to read, I thought it was pretty neat and wanted to share the poem.  

My Kitchen Prayer

Bless my little kitchen, Lord,
I love it's every nook.
And bless me as I do thy work,
Wash pots and pans and cook.

May the meals that I prepare,
Be seasoned from Above,
With Thy blessing and Thy grace,
But most of all Thy love.

As we partake of earthly food,
The table Thou hast spread,
We'll not forget to thank Thee, Lord,
For all our daily bread.

So bless my little kitchen, Lord.
And those that enter in.
May They find naught but joy and peace 
And happiness therein.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! It will be posted once it has been approved.