Monday, May 30, 2011

The kids are headed home...

We had such a nice visit with them this past few days. But it's so hard when they have to leave. And wouldn't you know it, just when they come, my silly phone acts up. I tried to get some pics this weekend on my camera phone and wasn't able to. I couldn't find our camera anywhere, but thankfully we got a couple of pictures with some family members' cameras. I will upload them as soon as I get them. :)

Anyway, we just had a really nice time. Matthew has surrendered to preach and we got to hear him Sunday afternoon. My husband was about bursting with pride. :) Matt has such a testimony and it was sad but wonderful to hear again. To hear how God has brought him from where he used to be, the lifestyle he once had, to where he is now. His story is much like my own husband's story. God truly is good if we just trust in Him and follow Him.

So, anyway, while they were here, we had a family get-together here (a cookout) , and a potluck at church, and the boys went frisbee golfing at one point while the girls went to the mall. lol. we just had a really full weekend. So today they're making the rounds and saying good-bye to some family members before they head back to Wisconsin. We sure will miss them. It's so hard to say good-bye when they leave or when we visit them and have to come home. I must say though, after all we did this weekend, I'm pooped. lol. I just want to relax today. What's funny, is as I write this, our daughter Hannah and I are watching "A Walk to Remember" and it's sad, and my dh is watching a movie (a comedy) on his phone on Netflix, and cracking up! LOL!

I know we're all thinking today also, of loved ones that have gone on, and of course, the fallen soldiers. I can tell you from experience life is too short not to cherish your time with your family. We've lost several family members that we were close to, over a period of about 2 years. So, we try to cherish the time we have with our kids, and each other. So enjoy your day today. Spend time with those you love. Thank a soldier. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! It will be posted once it has been approved.