Saturday, January 21, 2012

My life lately...

Well, I haven't posted lately, because life has gotten even busier for me, and a little sadder. My mom has breast cancer and this past few weeks, she's battled a virus and some other issues. A week ago Friday, we got her started with Hospice. Of course, it's gonna be a sad few months ahead, or however long she's able to be with us. But I must say, I'm glad we have help through Hospice. The Hospice nurse's aides are nice and she has a regular nurse that sees her twice a week. We also had issues with her doctor, but we've gotten her with a different one, for which we are thankful. Anyway, I'm also thankful that she knows she's Saved, and going to Heaven when the time comes, and I'm thankful that I will see her again someday. 

In other news, lol, we've just been busy with church and life, and kids and so on and so on...I will try to post some new recipes soon. Hope you are having a wonderful new year!

2 comments:

  1. My prayers are with you Gwen. I went through something similar just last summer with my grandmother. But my grandmother wasn't sick, she just came to the end of her life. It is hard to fulfill commitments when there are serious issues with family. Don't forget the take care of yourself through the stress and trauma. Hugs and prayers are being sent to you. Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Angie. It is hard, but one thing that helps me, is she is in a nursing home, and although we hated to put her there, I know she's getting good care. We couldn't have her live with us, because we don't have a main floor bedroom. Plus with all her medical needs now, she's where she needs to be. It's still hard though. I do appreciate any all prayers. Thank you!!

    I'm sorry about your grandma. I think that's one reason this hits hard, right now. Since 2008, we've lost My dh's mom, his biological father & his wife, and dh's step-grandmother. So, if we lose my mom, we'll just have his step-dad left to be with us. Thankfully he's still up and running around and doing ok despite some health issues so far. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! It will be posted once it has been approved.